I know I haven’t made a few monthly faves, but recently I bought some items and I decided to share with you some of my favorites.
I’m sure I’ve talk about this one before, but I repurchased the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer because is the only under eye concealer that I feel the formulation is ideal for this delicate part of the eye. It glides so well in the under eye area, doesn’t crease if you set it with powder, and the neutralizer shade cancel the dark tones and at the same time brightens.
So I needed a new powder and blush brush, and the Real Techniques ones has great reviews on Youtube. So far I’ve been loving them both. Both have soft bristles, pick up the right amount of product, and helps blend the product seamlessly.
About this one at first I have mix feelings. Every product deserves a second chance and after a few tries I discovered that I wasn’t using it the right way. The hourglass shape is kind of difficult to use at first, but when you learn how to use it, you are gonna get great results. The Cover Girl Flamed Out Mascara is great for a daily use, the results are natural looking lashes with volume and doesn’t clump your lashes.
For those night outs and special occasions that setting powder is not enough to hold your makeup in place this is the setting spray to go. Its refreshing, holds your makeup in place for several hours, your makeup doesn’t transfer, also I noticed that helps to keep my face matte. Here is a review of the Urban Decay All Nighter by Karen (makeupandbeautyblog) if you are thinking of investing on it.
I was in a need of a good palette that has a good range of neutrals and some color, and watching videos in Youtube I discovered the Lorac Pro Palette. I debated about buying it or not, but I ended up buying it.
I don’t regret it at all. Far more, I think this is one of my best investment. It retails for about $42, you can find it at Ulta.
It has 16 eyeshadow colors and also includes an eye primer. In the upper part has 8 matte shades and 8 shimmery shades below. It’s perfect to create different looks from neutrals to smokeys. Here is a tutorial with this palette by Brunette Beauty Blogger.
Because the spring is coming, new shades of blush are needed in the collection. Rimmel London came out with this blushes a while ago, but it was until now that I got my hands in to it. I love this shades! These blushes are so pigmented and creamy. The one in the left is 140 Tickle Me Pink ( I suggest you use a light hand with it, because of the pigmentation) and the one in the right is 115 Mauve Cool; this one is perfect for a daily basis, it has like shimmer, but doesn’t leave that shimmer on your cheeks, what does is that leaves your cheeks with a healthy beautiful glow.
Milani blush in Luminoso, is a well renowned blush in the beauty industry and finally I bought it. Is a coral shade, has a settle shimmer, great pigmentation, and leaves your skin with a healthy glow. Also is good for a daily basis.
For bronzer, I own the Mac Bronzing Powder, but lately I feel that looks kind of orange on my face, don’t know if it’s because I’m more fair now. I have seen that a lot of beauty gurus buy a regular powder a few shades darker to use it as a bronzer. This Loreal True Match powder in C7 Nut Brown is perfect for me, is matte and doesn’t look orange on my face.
From left to right, Rimmel London Blush in Tickle Me Pink, Rimmel London Blush in Mauve Cool, Milani Blush in Luminoso, and Loreal True Match Powder In C7 Nut Brown.
Always Love and Fun
That Allurement Gal nominated me to a Liebster award. She has posts about health, beauty and fashion. Love her post about the almond butter recipe. It’s nice that other people notice and read your posts; my intention has always been to share my knowledge with all of you and the things that I like at the moment. Thanks to all of you that stopped by my blog.
These are the instructions:
- The Liebster award is given by bloggers to other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- You must share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominees must link back to the blog who nominated them.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominating blogger.
- Choose 10 new bloggers you would love to nominate for this award and link them in this post.
- Create 10 new Liebster questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to the blogs of your nominees to notify them.
11 Facts about me
- I’m a dachshund’s mommy.
- I have a bachelor in Biology.
- I live in the Caribbean.
- I love pictures.
- I think a perfume reminds me of things.
- My signature makeup is a cat eye and red lips.
- My favorite foods are pizza, pasta, anything with chocolate on it.
- I love hazelnut frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries.
- My first language is Spanish.
- Love basically any kind of music, electronic, pop, rock, jazz, you name it.
- I’m a TV series junkie, Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Pretty Little Liars, Ravenswood, Revenge, Beauty and the Beast, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and the list goes on and on.
10 questions giving to me by That Allurement Gal
1. Who inspires you?
My sisters have always been my inspiration. For me they are an example to follow. They are someone who I can look up to, career wise and in many other aspects in life.
2. What was the first beauty product that blew you away?
The first beauty product that blew me away was the Revlon Colorstay foundation.
3. What is your favorite make up brand?
Drugstore, Maybelline, high-end Benefit.
4. Which country would you like to travel to, to discover new beauty products to try?
5. What is your favorite nail polish shade?
Right at this moment Resort fling by Essie.
6. Who is your top beauty guru?
Nicole Guerriero !!! Hands down!
7. What inspired you to start a blog?
It all started when one day I decided to go to youtube to see a tutorial on how to do a french braid. I began to discover all these talented beauty gurus and decided to do something similar to what they were doing. In my case I chose the platform of this blog to share with you my knowledge, beauty items that I like at the time and reviews of these products, also fashion trends that catch my attention.
8. Which high street clothing brand do you love?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Go Shopping to Sephora or Ulta, or Forever 21.
10. What is your lipstick of choice at the moment?
Maybelline Vivids in Hot Plum.
10 questions for my nominees
1. Who is your favorite beauty guru?
2. What is your favorite high-end beauty product and drugstore beauty product?
3. Which country do you want to go visit?
4. Which celebrity would you like to be for one day?
5. What has inspired you to star blogging?
6. What is your everyday signature makeup?
7. What is your favorite foundation?
8. What are your favorite top 3 clothing stores?
9. What advice would you give to new beauty and fashion bloggers?
10. Which eye shadow palette is your favorite?
My 1o nominees are:
Always love and fun
$49 - escentual.com
$22 - factorie.com.au
$565 - luisaviaroma.com